Monday, September 22, 2008

WOW! Amazing Weekend!


First of all, I can't even express in words how grateful my family is for the support and outpouring of generosity that we saw this weekend! Our fundraiser was more than we could have ever asked for! Thank you to all who attended and those who just dropped off a donation or even prayed for the beautiful weather! Thank you just isn't enough! On Sunday I couldn't think of anything else except the fact that I felt like God was looking down on our family and we were surrounded in light! It wasn 't just small rays but huge ones! It was so weird because I had never pictured such a thing before! I felt like the whole community was being enveloped from the heavens. Sorry I know it sounds a little corny but it is the only way I can describe what my head was picturing and my heart was feeling! I hope I got to thank everyone and say hello. If I didn't I am so sorry and know that I am so thankful you came to show Madi and our family you care! For those of you who had other commitments or couldn't make it I know we were in your thoughts and prayers! The bands were amazing! Thank you to them for your generous gift and talent of music and your donation of your time! My husband did a great job organizing them. The Kids Zone was a big hit, thanks to Megan Graham and all the volunteers. The silent auction was huge and had so many fabulous baskets. Thanks to my mom, sister, and Kim! Thanks to my sister in law Brandi and my brother Bob for keeping the day running smoothly! All of my family who traveled from the Chicago area and Tom's family all came to show support as well. Like I said, I just can't even believe how many people came out and were soooooo generous! Our preliminary numbers say we raised about $12,000. We plan on paying off her wheelchair, paying off some existing medical bills for Madi, and then seeing if we have a huge down payment for the Standing Dani. I hope to add some pictures to this blog tonight but I wanted to get something up for everyone to read! I will have more to read and pictures to look at later! (Okay a few pics were sent to me and I wish someone would have told me to put on makeup! I think I aged 10 years in the last few months. I better get more sleep!) Please pray for a fellow SMA family the Turnbull's who are going through some really difficult times right now. Their daughter Stella is a type I and not doing well. They are in Iowa City, mom is Way pregnant with #3 and having to go through really tough times right now. May God be with them and give Stella some healing! THANKS again and God Bless, we sure are!

5 comments:

Bo Buchanan said...

IT WAS AWESOME! Great Event, Great Fun - Nice to see everyone!

The St. Martin's said...

Hi Meg! I've been waiting to hear how the benefit went - although I knew in my heart it would be wonderful! It sounds like it was even better than that!! Madi is definitely on the road to mobility now! I wish we were going to be in Bettendorf when we come home, but due to wedding events and my sister's baby, our time will be spent at my parents and Dan's parents! Thankfully you are so good at keeping up with your blog because it helps me feel so connected to your family! Congratulations again!! I can't wait to see the pictures! Love, Kim

Sergio Acuahuitl said...

Congrats on the great event! We love all of you and are praying for Mobility for Madi!! You are a great family and we appreciate your friendship!! Love, the Wogomon's

The Grace Blog said...

We got your comment on our Race4Grace blog. Madi and Grace sound like they have a lot in common. We'd love to talk, and as far as the Dani goes, it's been the best thing we've gotten for Grace. You can email at nicjnelson@hotmail.com or call at 712-301-5128

Nic, Michelle, and Grace Nelson

Unknown said...

I'm so glad it went good!! I LOVE YOU GUYS!!