Tuesday, September 16, 2008


Okay one of the coolest things ever happened to me today! If you have been reading my posts I mentioned a really touching song called, "I'll Walk". Well my friend Kim has been fielding calls for me about the benefit and she called me and said I got a call from some guy about Bucky Covington or something. She is so clueless! Sorry, I love ya Kim! Well, the writer of the song actually had some kind of google alert out and got wind of my blog. He read it and felt moved so he called to talk to me! Can you believe it? Me? OMG I am still soooo excited!!!!!!!!!!!!! So I called him, his name is Brent Wilson, and I talked to him for like 1/2 and hour. He was the nicest guy ever! He told me that he was praying for my family. He has a little girl too and can't imagine what we are going through. Weird that my crazy life now seems routine! Anyway his wife is a teacher too! He is sending me autographed CD's and posters for the benefit! It's amazing how the singers get all the glory when the writer made it happen! O'well I guess it's a team effort! Bucky is pretty good! I can't wait to tell Madi about this someday! I am planning on her dancing to this song on her wedding day! I hope I make it that long! If you haven't heard it yet you better have some kleenex near! Go out and find it and listen. It is a great song!!!!! So that is the most exciting news today!
We are still getting donations in for the silent auction. I can't wait to see what kind of turn out we are going to have. If anyone still wants to help we can use baked goods for the bake sale. Anyone who wants to donate their time I have some time slots available. Let me know what time you want to work and I will let you know what you are doing. 3 more days! Crazy!

6 comments:

Buck Wild said...

Thanks to fellow bloggers, this story is making it's way around the net. My prayers are with you and your family.

click the link and a player will open to hear I'll Walk, just click the arrow until I'll Walk starts.

http://www.hyfntrak.com/bucky/AFF31933/go.php

Buck Wild said...

Ok the link doesnt work by just clicking. Copy and paste it into the address line and it will take you to the player.

Anon said...

Just wanted to let you know I am praying for Madi. I will post this in our prayer thread on Bucky website for prayers. How special that Brent took the time to call. He is a very special person. Here is a live performance of I'll Walk for those who have not heard the song. This song has truly touched a lot of people. Thank you Bucky and the writers for bring this song to al us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jBD-DKb4E0


Hope this works.

Anonymous said...

hi honey
how great this is its wondefull that he would take the time out to respond miracles dont seem to be in short supply were all praying for a great turn out love you all
love auht pat

The St. Martin's said...

Hi Megan - how I wish I was closer to witness the miracles of Madi! I am so happy she had opened so many doors for you - I think you have found your calling! God truly knew what he was doing when she became your daughter! I will be praying for a wonderful benefit this weekend - I'm sure it will be nothing less than spectacular! I can't wait to see the pictures! I'm excited to listen to this song - I'm way out of touch with music over here!! We're sending big hugs to your entire family!!
Love, Kim

cassie said...

Hi guys-
Remember me? Its Catherine (Cassie)Murphy, well Peska, now. I'm so glad to have the opportunity to "meet" your beautiful family, if only through the internet. Your girls are wonderful!! I just want to say that you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers and if there is ever anything that we can do here, in Illinois, for you and Madi, please don't hesitate to let us know. The best of luck with the fundraiser this weekend. God bless you all. Take care!!!
love- Cassie