Sunday, September 14, 2008

What a Weekend!


This picture was from Labor Day Weekend when we stopped at a State Park. Madi and Daddy!
This weekend was very busy getting ready for the exciting event next Saturday. My mom and sister came in town to help me organize and prepare all the items for the silent auction. We have over 60 baskets/items. Isn't that amazing! What generous friends we have! Madi was very excited that her Aunt Kelley, Grandma, and cousin Caroline were here to visit! Saturday we got a good start to the morning and headed to the cheer gym. Madi just jumped right in and crawled up, down, sideways and every which way that she can on the mats. What good therapy going to the gym is for her. Then we left and picked up Bailey and Taylor to entertain Molly, Madi, and Caroline for the day so we could accomplish something. Morgan was at cheer. We bought the last needed items, checked out hotels for the family, and then enjoyed lunch without children at Panera. We got home around 3 and worked until well past midnight putting basket items together and making them look presentable. My best friend Kim and her adoreable niece Elise spent their Saturday working on the baskets too.
Madi wanted to help quite a bit by getting right in the middle of all our stuff and saying, "I help you." Her favorite part of helping was the garbage. She would pick something up and say garbage and then crawl over to the garbage can. She loves to stand up holding on to everything now. She stood up on the floor holding on to the recliner and almost let go with both hands but still isn't quite sure. This morning she crawled up the first step and then turned around and sat down all by herself. Her smile was sooo big. She was soo proud of herself. When it was bedtime I layed her down and she rolled over and said, "Wake up!" It was funny but after the 2nd attempt she finally gave in and fell asleep.
Sunday morning she was so happy that Grandma went to the store and bought her waffles. Then she played with her cousin and sisters for quite some time. We had a friend stop by with her 7 month old baby and Madi really liked her. She would pet her and kept saying, "I want baby!" Then Molly said the FUNNIEST thing! She said, "Awww mom, she is sooo cute! Can we buy one of these babies?" She was totally serious! It was pretty funny! Another great thing happened tonight. It was bathtime and everytime I get her naked before the tub I put her on the little potty. She never did anything until tonght. I sat her on it then I told her to go pee pee and she pushed out and peed in the potty! Hooray! We all clapped and cheered for her. Oh wouldn't life be grand without diapers!
One final note! I heard the most amazing song the other day! It is called, "I'll walk" by Bucky Covington. OMG I cried the whole song. A girl ends up in a wheelchair and she says she'll walk and then on her wedding day it goes that she tells her dad, I'll walk and she gets up from her wheelchair. I can only dream for Madi. It just really touched my heart and I really want to buy that CD now. I guess so I can cry? Oh well I do that anyway! Please pray for nice weather on Saturday and that I keep my sanity until then. It will be a stressful week! Don't forget to leave comments on this blog page. I look to see who has visited and I am always sad that few people comment on my entries. I'd love to hear from all of you! Thanks to all my family, friends, even people I don't know who have dontated to the silent auction. I can't wait to report back to you how well we do. God Bless! Have a wonderful week!

4 comments:

The St. Martin's said...

Hi Meg!! I am so happy you continue to update the blog! I love reading about Madi's achievements and what Morgan and Molly are up to! I can't wait to hear how the benefit goes this weekend! Take lots of pictures so you can post them! Give the girls hugs from us! Miss you and thinking about you! Love, Kim

Anonymous said...

HI MEGAN
i read all the updates how wonderfull like you im in tears and so very proud of you for your amazeing strength i know your faith is so strong and keeps you going we dont need any celbs none can compare to you and maddy you are the stars i will see you sat
love aunt pat

Heidi Moran said...

Hi Megan,
I am excited about the benefit this weekend. I will be there with Helaina and my friend Bre and her son!
You continue to amaze me, you are such a Super Woman!
Heidi

alexis said...

Awww thats so sweet... I think that would be so cool if Madi did that. from,alexis p.s. if you didn't reconized the email from alexis63@gmail.com it was me!