Monday, July 28, 2008

Crazy summer!

Well we have been so busy this summer and Madi is getting so active. She loves to play and will say "I play." She really loves her new chair that Grandma Maureen bought her. It is pink and fuzzy and low to the ground. She is learning to get in and out of it by herself. She spent last weekend with one of her favorite people, Daddy. I guess she even snuggled with dad for a few hours each morning in our bed. Mommy went out of town and she had fun. Big sister Morgan read her a night night story too. How cute! She was very excited to see me when I got home on Sunday. Today she woke up at the normal 7:00 time. She called for all of us a few times and her sisters finally went in her room, crawled in her bed, and read her books; a morning ritual to give me a few minutes to wake up. She gets over them after a few and really wants mommy. We had breakfast and played with her shoes for awhile. She loves to put her AFO shoes on and off all by herself. Then we had to go to my dress fitting. While there the lady told us they were the cutest girls to ever come into her store. How sweet and it must be true, right? I also got my first silent auction donation while we were there. Yeah for me! Then we went home and had the all american lunch, hot dogs and mac n cheese. Madi took a nap and then our friends the Lewis' came over for play time. Madi wanted her beep beep (her car) and a popsicle. She was good to go for a little while. After they went home we played until dinner. Aunt B and Grandma brought dinner, our typical Monday. Then B watched Madi until we got home from volleyball. Sometimes I wonder if I would win over B, when it comes to Madi it would be a close race.
Our first water therapy went great last week. We have it again on Wed. God works in mysterious ways. When we got into the office, our friend Annie and her dad Darren were there for therapy too. He showed us where the pool was and to our surprise our good friend Maggie and mommy Keely were in the pool doing therapy. What a nice support group for our first visit. Madi did great. I had to get in with her but we had fun. She worked on walking, kicking, standing and some other fun stuff. Our therapist is wonderful. We look forward to this Wed.
We are going swimming tomorrow and have a rainforest party at Kim's on Thurs. I will write after our eventful week. God Bless you all and thank you for the support you give our family. Please add a prayer to your list for our friends the Waugaman's. Their little boy has been diagnosed with leukemia.

No comments: