Thursday, August 21, 2008

Miracles do happen!


Well I hope everyone is in for some exciting news! Madi is a living miracle as far as I'm concerned! Her daddy helped miracles come true! Tom invented some parallel bars out of PVC pipes. They sit about a foot or so off the ground. They are about 5 feet long. We place Madi in between the two bars and she puts most of her weight in her hands and Madi can walk from one end to the other. It is something I didn't think I would ever see! I still can't believe it! She is VERY slow but she does it completely by herself. We have had water therapy and physical therapy this week. At her PT yesterday the therapist got her a reverse walker with wheels and Sharon supported her hips a little but Madi took 3-5 steps with that. The therapist,Sharon, said, " This is every therapist's dream!" Oh believe me, beyond my dreams! I can't stop thanking God. I told Madi to thank God for her miracle tonight and she looked up to heaven and said "Thank you God!" I swear she did! Molly likes to do tricks on the new bars. Tom even painted them pink and purple. As soon as I can figure out how to upload pictures I will put a picture of her walking on this website!
Morgan has started first grade! She is enjoying it and doing very well. She is very smart and a very good reader! We have all had a rough time adjusting to the new school year. I hope things can improve over the next week! Molly starts school at St. John Vianney next week. I am sad I won't get to go her first day, but Daddy will be taking her. They both had tumbling tonight. Molly loved every bit of it! She does flip flops with the teachers and thinks she is soooo cool! Morgan has mastered her flip flop very nicely on the tumble trak! She has almost got her round off flip flop down. Tonight she started working on back tucks! Pretty amazing! Please continue to pray for our little miracle Madi. All of your prayers are working. She is living proof! I hope to have pics up ASAP. Talk to all of you soon! God Bless!

1 comment:

CureSMA4Stella said...

That is so awesome! I'm so excited for Madi's new trick!!! Way to go, girl! Miracles do happen--don't let anyone make you think otherwise. You are a miracle indeed!
Hugs from Pella,
Sarah and Stella www.caringbridge.org/visit/stellaturnbullturnbull