Monday, November 9, 2009

Sick

Hey everyone, say a prayer that Madi can get over this one quickly. Sunday she started coughing and by late Sunday evening she had a 102 fever and a really bad cough. I stayed home with her today and took her to the doctor. Her white blood cell counts were at 11,000. He said this is right at the beginning of being high. He thinks she may have walking pneumonia. As for now we are just to watch her. Keep giving her the decongestant and fever/pain relief for her temp. She was in quite a good mood today and the cough didn't seem too bad. The cough got worse as the night progressed. She is sleeping now with no fever. If she gets worse the Dr. will check her counts again and then maybe start her on a steroid. He doesn't like to start her on it yet because the steroid breaks down the immune system and she is susceptible to more illnesses. So we will pray she can fight it. We used her couch assist and checked her oxygen. Her oxygen was actually at 100% surprisingly. She was a beast and very crabby for our nurse tonight.
On another note, I got to watch Oprah today. She had Ellen DeGeneres on and Ellen was apparently on a quest to get on the cover of O magazine and she kept at it until Oprah answered her and she will be on the cover next week. So I thought why not try that tactic with Ellen. I emailed the Ellen show and told them about our mobilesformadi fundraiser and asked Ellen for help. I suggested she collect them from audience members or maybe all the people she knew. I said she could help us reach our goal of 10,000 phones. I also said that she inspired me not to give up and that she would continue to hear from me. Hee hee! I plan to write every other day, call any number I can find for her studio, and hopefully video my efforts and youtube them. I am going to video Madi saying something too. What the heck. Ya never know until you try. I tried Oprah last year and she didn't respond. I plan on being a little more forceful this time.
Prayers to the Turnbull family as they are fighting some sickness at their house too. Please keep our friend Sergio in your prayers as he is fighing leukemia for the second time. We love you Serg!

No comments: